Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Albuquerque, NM - Day 10

Mesas, mesas, and more mesas!






Doesn't this look like a scene from "The Wizard of Oz"?

Welcome to New Mexico - The Land of Enchantment

This is lava rock.  There are 5 volcanos in the area.  Where?  I don't know.

Entering Albuquerque - pop 500,000

Today was overcast and windy. We even had a few drops of rain. The tumbleweed were tumblin across the highway. Too fast to get a picture.

We had supper at the Olive Garden. It was very good. I don't think I have ever been to one before. I had the Italian sampler. Chicken parmesan, linguine alfredo and lasagna. Couldn't even touch the lasagna, I was so full. The waiter boxed it up and then I forgot to bring home the box. Sorry, Wayne - no lasagna for you.

We wanted to stay here for 2 nights to have a break from driving, but our site is booked for tomorrow night. So we decided to press on and stay an extra night at the next stop. We don't have time to check out the diners, drive ins and dives of Albuquerque. There are 4 in the city.  Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment